The greatest wealth of all the world's riches is you and once you are aware of it, you become the richest man in the world.

- Marius Torok

Thursday 19 April 2012

Vogue Paris Fashion Week

[Vogue Paris Fashion Week Link]

When looking at the trends for A/W 12/13 I looked at the Vogue Season Guide and looked through the designers collections on the catwalk. The designer collections that I decided to look at for the current trends and looks were,

- Alexander McQueen
- Chanel
- Haider Ackermann
- Louis Vuitton
- Miu Miu
and of course
- Giorgio Armani (Milan Fashion Week)


Key Trends and Looks:

The following is a list of key trends and looks that were on the catwalk. Some repeated through different designers collections, and some as unique as themselves.

- Peplums
- Leather
- Tweed
- Check
- Futuristic Looks
- Volume
- Pleating
- Layers
- Military Trend
- Jewels
- Embroidery
- Modern Psychedelica Trend
- Androgynous Trend
- Stiff Shoulder Panels
- Stiff Collars
- Silk
- Applique Satins
- Skater Skirts
- Brocade


[Vogue A-Z Trend Guide Link]

I had a look at Vogue's A-Z Guide of the Trends for the season Autumn/Winter 12/13. This gave me the most inspiration for my final chosen trend. When looking through the Season Guide and looking through the different designers collections, I was finding a huge lack of inspiration. There were trends that I liked, however nothing that shouted out to me and ignited that enthusiasm. Feeling a little deflated I went to look at other guide's and collections to see whether I could find the inspiration I needed. Looking through the A-Z guide I found all the inspiration I was looking for.

B is for Brocade

J is for Jewellery in Unexpected Places

R is for Rich and Regal

I fell in love with the jewel encrusted pieces within the different collections. I was inspired by the embroidery, applique and jewels. The look of affluence and riches inspired me to Jewels, Applique and Brocade as my chosen trend.
However I also loved the pleating work and layers that most designers had within their collections, the structure and the draping of the clothing was inspirational.
Combining the two, in my mind would create an amazing trend that would represent affluence and riches.

And so was the beginning of my super trend...

Regal Oppulence.

No comments:

Post a Comment